Sunday 7 November 2010

Oh, You're Celtic? There's Lovely.

Transcript of the Back2theWhoture team livetweeting The Fires of Pompeii for inclusion in TTZ9

This is Back2theWhotures first foray in to the new series. Hold on to your togas for The Fires of Pompeii

Well ok so the new series has the budget for it, but plunged straight in to the market, it's like The Romans

I think Donna's reasoning about the TARDIs translation device is pretty good actually

Ohhh its Amy Pond!

"That fire had nothing to do with me..." even funnier after watching this off the back of The Romans

Ohh it's Volcano Day!

Ohh it's Frobisher!

Anchoring the tale with your typical Roman family adds to the poignancy of the tale

Donna's growth evident immedietely, her first instinct is to save everybody in Pompeii

"I am Spartacus!" "And so am I!"

I love love the scene with the volcano rumbling in the background as the Doctor and Donna are told the future

"Doctor, she is returning. And you... daughter of London. There is something on your back" - Always sends tingles down my spine

"Ipso facto..." "Look... you?"

I always call it T K Maximus now as a result of this episode.

Haha sorry, I'm enjoying it so much I'm not typing anything

The Doctor armed with a water pistol FTW!

Lucius Pextrus sounds like he said "Summon the C**ts of Vulcan", That along with the Sisterhood chanting "peadophile, peadophile"...

Is this first confirmation that the Doctor percieves reality in 5 dimensions?

I'd forgotten to check this scene out when I wrote my Adric article but it fits my theory that the Doc knew about his death in advance

Donna running around Pompeii. Getting all hot and... glistening. Oh my.

Haha! Al just realised that Pyrovillia was one of the planets stolen by Davros at the end of the season

The most terrible choice...

The Doctor says nothing can survive the explosion, not even them. And yet they do. Ok then!

Donna sharing the Doctor's burden. This scene is amongst the best in Doctor Who

The Fires of Pompeii doesn't let up on the full horror of the explosion. I defy anyone to watch this without feeling the punch

Is the Doctor really going to leave Donna behind?

Although this is one of my fave episodes I kinda wish they'd had the conviction to have the Doctor leave without going back for anyone

Of course it would've been impossible for Donna to continue travelling with The Doctor is that happened.

Why that family though? How could the Doctor change time for them?

Al speculates that Caecellius and go move in to the villa seen in The Romans

When I first saw this I honestly thought Captain Jack would make a cameo at the end, just as Rose did at the end of Partners in Crime!

RT @thanatos_kalos RTD has said that John Frobisher is the distant descendent of Caecilius and his family. Consider your ? in that light..

So what do you all think of The Fires of Pompeii?

No comments:

Post a Comment