Sunday 26 September 2010

You Could Try Trusting Me

I've only ever seen one episode of Blake's 7 and that was only very recently and a poor quality copy on YouTube.

I've always had the impression that Blake's 7 was probably a show that had some good ideas but was let down by the impression that it was full of dodgy acting, wobbly sets and atrocious special effects. In short rather unfairly I gave Blake's 7 the same kind of prejudiced stigma in my mind as most of the general public gave Doctor Who in the 80s.

The episode (Terminal) didn't overturn all of those preconceptions but I did enjoy watching it and I was curious enough that I might consider raiding the back catalogue at some point.

Which brings me to my main point, for this is something of an advertising interlude. My girlfriend Leslie (Otherwise known as The Editor of The Terrible Zodin) has teamed up with Melissa Beattie to produce a new series of online Blake's 7 comics.

If you're a fan of the show then why not check them out over at Comic Liberation. You're in for a treat.

It's not the first time these two have teamed up. I'm proud to announce that their one shot comic The Ballad of Ianto Jones makes it's online debut in Issue 8 of TTZ which, fingers crossed should be out on 30th September 2010.

1 comment: